BuiltWorks is flexible to enable external best of breed vertical market products from AEC and Plant industries to be linked to SolidWorks establishing communication chain within and between companies involved in the design, analysis, fabrication and construction of industrial facilities, buildings and structures.
BuiltWorks can read and save data in popular industrial formats – SDNF (Steel Detailing Neutral Format), and CIS/2 (CIM steel Integration Standards). This ensures seamless and integrated data information flow between SolidWorks and Industrial design systems including those for structural steel detailing, analysis and fabrication.
BuiltWorks fully supports the industry-standard SDNF format, which enables steel detailers to read your exported SolidWorks models. By importing SDNF files from 3rd party industrial systems BuiltWorks allows to manage data transfer and provides user a high degree of control over mapping options to determine which members are imported thus enabling complete, round-trip data exchange.
Built Works transfers Steel Detailing Neutral File data from/to SolidWorks ensuring the link with majority of Industrial Plant and Detailng software including:
- AVEVA PDMS
- Bentley ProSteel, Structural Modeler, Speedikon
- Bocad 3D
- Graitec Advance Steel
- Intergraph PDS / FramWorks Plus
- Nemetschek Scia Engineer
- Design Data SDS/2 Detailing System
- AceCad StruCAD
- Tekla Structures
BuiltWorks supports CIS/2, the product model and electronic data exchange file format for structural steel project information. CIS/2 export and import capabilities are intended to create a seamless and integrated information flow between SolidWorks and many steel design, analysis, engineering, fabrication, and construction software packages from different Industries, including:
- Plant: AVEVA PDMS, Intergraph SmartPlant 3D, Bentley ProSteel
- Building and Structural: AutoCAD Structural Detailing, Bentley StructuralModeler, Graitec Advance Steel, Autodesk Revit Structure, Tekla Structures
- Detailing and Fabrication: Design Data SDS/2 Detailing System, AceCad StruCAD, Tekla Structures
- Design and Analysis: Bentley STAAD.Pro, Bentley RAM Structural System, Dlubal RSTAB, Computers & Structures ETABS and SAP2000, GT Strudl, RISA-3D, Robot Structural Analysis