SolidACE Adopts Integrated Structural Modeling Technology for SolidWorks
Vilnius, LITHUANIA – January 15, 2013 – SolidACE, a company developing computer aided design and engineering tools for the architectural, building and construction engineering, and plant engineering markets, today announced the release of the new version 4.0 of BuiltWorks, a structural steel design and engineering add-in application for SolidWorks 2013 platform.
With a new BuiltWorks version 4.0, SolidACE introduces first step of Integrated Structural Modeling (ISM) Technology workflow for SolidWorks. ISM is the comprehensive interoperability framework for structural information from Bentley Systems Inc., the global leader dedicated to providing architects, engineers, constructors, and owner-operators with software solutions for sustaining infrastructure with particular focus to AECO (Architecture, Engineering, Construction, and Operations) industry.
“ISM technology is becoming a new de-facto structural interoperability platform that maximizes the interoperability of structural information among different specialized applications, CAD and BIM platforms, and design reviews of a project’s structural information,” said Dr. Vladimir Popov, CEO of SolidACE. “Adopting ISM technology for SolidWorks, BuiltWorks facilitates establishing the communication chain within and between companies of AECO industry, involved in the design, analysis, fabrication and construction of buildings and structures”.
Some of most important key features of new BuiltWorks version 4.0 for SolidWorks are:
- Compatible with SolidWorks 2013; versions for SolidWorks 2012 and 2011 are also available, while SolidWorks 2010 is no longer supported;
- Create ISM repository from SolidWorks structural members, and update it whenever changes occur;
- New feature import CIS/2 or SDNF file as “Imported Bodies” in SolidWorks that provides speed of import procedure, and creates lighter 3D solid models;
- Automatic joining of split members (finite elements) of CIS/2 analysis model during import to SolidWorks;
- Enhanced support of CIS/2 file, created from SmartPlant 3D (Intergraph Corp.);
- New method of creating structural member – by coordinates;
- Several improvements in graphical user interface and fixes of known issues.
The new BuiltWorks version 4.0 will be available for download through SolidACE web site immediately.
SolidACE is a company focusing on the Architectural, Building and Construction Engineering as well as Plant Engineering markets within a Dassault Systèmes SolidWorks environment. SolidACE, registered in Vilnius, Lithuania, was established in November 2008 by experienced and dedicated structural steelwork software professionals with the express intention of developing an intuitive 3D solution within the SolidWorks environment. The company supports and advises within the world of steel and has dedicated design professionals. For the latest news, information, and demonstration resources, please visit the company’s Web site (www.solidace.com), contact representatives at email@example.com, or call +370-5-212-4660 (Lithuania).
SolidACE and BuiltWorks are either registered or reserved trademarks of SolidACE Ltd. SolidWorks is registered trademark of Dassault Systèmes or its subsidiaries in the US and/or other countries. Other brand and product names are trademarks of their respective owners.
Dr. Arūnas Urbšys, VP of Sales and Marketing
SolidACE Ltd., Lukiskiu str. 3,
LT-01108, Vilnius, Lithuania
Phone No.: +370 5 212 4660